Lucky me! I have been nominated for Liebster award, by Munira Chowdhury. Her culturally rich and vibrant blog A Messy World is one of my favorites! Thank you so much for your kindness and support Munira, it was a very sweet surprise for me to see!
So, what is Liebster award? The Liebster Award is a way of discovering, welcoming and most importantly supporting new blogs!
And here are the rules:
- Post 11 facts about yourself
- Answer 11 questions from the nominee
- Nominate 11 other bloggers with under 200 followers – let them know you’ve nominated them.
11 facts about me:
- I have 4 fabulous children, 2 of whom are still in school and keep me busy and laughing.
- I am terrified of clowns and spiders. Yes, Clowns, the movie “IT” by Stephen King ruined me.
- I am happily single, and plan to remain that way, despite my friends’ unwelcome interventions.(ugh)
- Drawing, painting, mixed media art and jewelry making are some of my favorite hobbies. I would love to have my own studio one day but it would have to be HUGE to store all of my crafting supplies.
- I am a crazy foodie, writing/changing recipes, food facts, baking and cooking really make me happy, although baking is my bliss
- I am obsessed with the Kansas City Chiefs our National Football League Team. I even drive my boys nuts because I am always the loudest when we are watching games. I was also fortunate to be one of the people down on the field during the game with the Official Guinness Book of World Records adjudicator when our Kansas City fans in Arrowhead Stadium broke the noise record and registered a deafening 142.2 dbA! If you are wondering how loud that really is; a jet engine is 150 dbA and will rupture your ear drums. Luckily we were all prepared with very good ear plugs. It was an unbelievable experience and btw we also beat the pants off the Patriots that night, which made the night even more incredible.
- I am never without my camera. Ever. Okay except in the shower. ;)
- I believe that we are all here in the crazy mixed up world to give as much as we can to each other and to make the world a better place. It is simply a choice.
- I have been truly deeply hurt by love. That being said, I forgive probably much too easily but I never forget and will never make the same mistake twice.
- I cry at movies, commercials, peoples emotional pain, and lately with the recent devastation around our world, even the news shakes me.
- Right now I am eating a Snickers bar for breakfast. And it is really good. ;)
Here are my nominees 11 Questions for me along with my answers:
- What is your favorite food? Anything Italian
- Are you passionate about new gadgets? Cooking, baking gadgets most definitely. And I am always on the hunt for new crafting gadgets.
- Do you like TV serials? I love the Bachelor and Bachelorette. I can’t help it. I am addicted to this crazy show! Also anything on the Food Network, or Home and Garden TV so I guess that would be a yes.:)
- Do you like sports? I LOVE NFL Football and I am obsessed with the Kansas City Chiefs our National Football League Team. I even drive my boys nuts because I am always the loudest when we are watching games. I was also fortunate to be one of the people down on the field during the game with the Official Guinness Book of World Records adjudicator when our Kansas City fans in Arrowhead Stadium broke the noise record and registered a deafening 142.2 dbA! If you are wondering how loud that really is; a jet engine is 150 dbA and will rupture your ear drums. Luckily we were all prepared with very good ear plugs. It was an unbelievable experience and btw we also beat the pants off the Patriots that night, which made the night even more incredible.
- What is your favorite thing to do in weekend? Spending time with my guys (sons), doing just about anything.
- What is the most significant part of your makeup? I have to have lip balm.
- What do you always keep in your purse? Hahaha! Lip balm
- Where are you living now? I have a three story townhome in beautiful Kansas City, Missouri
- Favorite dress? I have many. I would say any of my bohemian, very colorful dresses are my favorite.
- Do you have any hobbies? I draw and paint, I love making jewelry, and painting unique furniture that I find at yard sales, flea markets etc. I guess you could say I am overall just a very creative person. I am also addicted to and collect pretty papers and anything crafty that is remotely colorful. (NOTE: Nowhere above did I say I was ‘great’ at any of those things. but I do love them all.
- Are you a social person? Very, though lately illness has sidelined me a bit; eventually I will be back to myself!
Questions for my nominees:
- Do you have a favorite book or author, and if so what/who is it and why?
- If you could pick 5 things to take with you to a deserted island, what would they be? (And yes you’ll be on that island for quite a while).
- If you were given three wishes what would they be? (You cannot wish for more wishes ß my boys made up this rule.)
- What is/are your most treasured possession(s)?
- What are your top 5 favorite foods in order?
- What is your favorite music genre?
- What is your earliest childhood memory, or if that’s too personal; what is your favorite childhood memory?
- If someone gave you a million dollars, what are the first two things you would do with it?
- Do you believe in true love?
- If you could do one thing to make our world a better place, what would it be?
- Lastly, what inspired you to start your blog?
Here are my 11 nominees:
When you get a second, please check out come of their blogs!
- 10. https://itsmerhiblog.wordpress.com/
I hope you found this post fun! I really enjoyed it.
Enjoy your day!