I haven’t made a post in a very long time. (Originally this post was made a little over a year ago. Life definitely happened and I had to take some personal time.) This is not because I have been kidnapped, nor have I intentionally deserted the blog. Life simply decided it had other plans for myself and family. Life can do that as we all know. That being said, it is still beautiful and I look forward to every day. (Well almost every day) :) Hopefully, I will return very soon. Let me rephrase that, I WILL return very soon.
Thank you to the people who have commented and said they miss me. Especially Munira Chowdhury. Her blog A Messy World is absolutely one of my favorites. Please check out her blog at https://munirachowdhury.wordpress.com/ You will not be disappointed.
My blog is currently being rebranded and formatted against all rules of blogging. I absolutely love to bake, but at the time it unfortunately is not practical. So as I said before, please check back in a couple of weeks as I change things up to suit my new life.
I hope anyone that sees this post is healthy, happy and enjoying their Fall weather! I know I have followers from Australia, and I have been told this time of year is especially beautiful for you!
Enjoy Your Day!
Have you ever woke up absolutely craving something you haven’t had in ages? Yesterday morning I sure did. And I hadn’t even thought of these either, which is crazy because I LOVE them!
This recipe is so simple and delicious! I hope you love them as much as we do!
ORANGE CREAM CHEESE MUFFINS
- 1/3 c. butter, softened
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 1/3 c. all purpose flour or part whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 large (or a good medium sized) egg
- 1/2 c. sour cream or yogurt
- 2 tbsp. grated orange peel
- 2 tbsp. orange juice
Orange Cream Cheese Mixture
- 1 (4 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 c. powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp. freshly grated orange peel (use a zester or microplane, being careful to avoid the pith;white membrane right under the peel of citrus fruit.)
- Clementine or baby orange wedges separated also with pith removed
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease 12 cup muffin pan or line with cupcake liners.
- Cream butter and sugar. Stir dry ingredients together; add with remaining ingredients to creamed mixture, stirring until just blended.
- Fill muffin cups about 2/3 full.
- Mix ingredients for the Cream Cheese Mixture, and drop a dollop/spoonful onto each filled muffin cup then top with a Clementine wedge
- Bake for 17 to 20 minutes. **(Every oven is different, do the toothpick test, but make sure you test the cake part of the muffin and NOT the cream cheese mixture.)
- Let them cool and go outside to eat them while enjoying the beginning of our beautiful fall weather.
Enjoy your day!
Lucky me! I have been nominated for Liebster award, by Munira Chowdhury. Her culturally rich and vibrant blog A Messy World is one of my favorites! Thank you so much for your kindness and support Munira, it was a very sweet surprise for me to see!
So, what is Liebster award? The Liebster Award is a way of discovering, welcoming and most importantly supporting new blogs!
And here are the rules:
- Post 11 facts about yourself
- Answer 11 questions from the nominee
- Nominate 11 other bloggers with under 200 followers – let them know you’ve nominated them.
11 facts about me:
- I have 4 fabulous children, 2 of whom are still in school and keep me busy and laughing.
- I am terrified of clowns and spiders. Yes, Clowns, the movie “IT” by Stephen King ruined me.
- I am happily single, and plan to remain that way, despite my friends’ unwelcome interventions.(ugh)
- Drawing, painting, mixed media art and jewelry making are some of my favorite hobbies. I would love to have my own studio one day but it would have to be HUGE to store all of my crafting supplies.
- I am a crazy foodie, writing/changing recipes, food facts, baking and cooking really make me happy, although baking is my bliss
- I am obsessed with the Kansas City Chiefs our National Football League Team. I even drive my boys nuts because I am always the loudest when we are watching games. I was also fortunate to be one of the people down on the field during the game with the Official Guinness Book of World Records adjudicator when our Kansas City fans in Arrowhead Stadium broke the noise record and registered a deafening 142.2 dbA! If you are wondering how loud that really is; a jet engine is 150 dbA and will rupture your ear drums. Luckily we were all prepared with very good ear plugs. It was an unbelievable experience and btw we also beat the pants off the Patriots that night, which made the night even more incredible.
- I am never without my camera. Ever. Okay except in the shower. ;)
- I believe that we are all here in the crazy mixed up world to give as much as we can to each other and to make the world a better place. It is simply a choice.
- I have been truly deeply hurt by love. That being said, I forgive probably much too easily but I never forget and will never make the same mistake twice.
- I cry at movies, commercials, peoples emotional pain, and lately with the recent devastation around our world, even the news shakes me.
- Right now I am eating a Snickers bar for breakfast. And it is really good. ;)
Here are my nominees 11 Questions for me along with my answers:
- What is your favorite food? Anything Italian
- Are you passionate about new gadgets? Cooking, baking gadgets most definitely. And I am always on the hunt for new crafting gadgets.
- Do you like TV serials? I love the Bachelor and Bachelorette. I can’t help it. I am addicted to this crazy show! Also anything on the Food Network, or Home and Garden TV so I guess that would be a yes.:)
- Do you like sports? I LOVE NFL Football and I am obsessed with the Kansas City Chiefs our National Football League Team. I even drive my boys nuts because I am always the loudest when we are watching games. I was also fortunate to be one of the people down on the field during the game with the Official Guinness Book of World Records adjudicator when our Kansas City fans in Arrowhead Stadium broke the noise record and registered a deafening 142.2 dbA! If you are wondering how loud that really is; a jet engine is 150 dbA and will rupture your ear drums. Luckily we were all prepared with very good ear plugs. It was an unbelievable experience and btw we also beat the pants off the Patriots that night, which made the night even more incredible.
- What is your favorite thing to do in weekend? Spending time with my guys (sons), doing just about anything.
- What is the most significant part of your makeup? I have to have lip balm.
- What do you always keep in your purse? Hahaha! Lip balm
- Where are you living now? I have a three story townhome in beautiful Kansas City, Missouri
- Favorite dress? I have many. I would say any of my bohemian, very colorful dresses are my favorite.
- Do you have any hobbies? I draw and paint, I love making jewelry, and painting unique furniture that I find at yard sales, flea markets etc. I guess you could say I am overall just a very creative person. I am also addicted to and collect pretty papers and anything crafty that is remotely colorful. (NOTE: Nowhere above did I say I was ‘great’ at any of those things. but I do love them all.
- Are you a social person? Very, though lately illness has sidelined me a bit; eventually I will be back to myself!
Questions for my nominees:
- Do you have a favorite book or author, and if so what/who is it and why?
- If you could pick 5 things to take with you to a deserted island, what would they be? (And yes you’ll be on that island for quite a while).
- If you were given three wishes what would they be? (You cannot wish for more wishes ß my boys made up this rule.)
- What is/are your most treasured possession(s)?
- What are your top 5 favorite foods in order?
- What is your favorite music genre?
- What is your earliest childhood memory, or if that’s too personal; what is your favorite childhood memory?
- If someone gave you a million dollars, what are the first two things you would do with it?
- Do you believe in true love?
- If you could do one thing to make our world a better place, what would it be?
- Lastly, what inspired you to start your blog?
Here are my 11 nominees:
When you get a second, please check out come of their blogs!
- 10. https://itsmerhiblog.wordpress.com/
I hope you found this post fun! I really enjoyed it.
Enjoy your day!
This morning around 7 am, I was watching a movie and both my door and upstairs roof simultaneously made a crack and a very loud creaking noise. I instantly sat up, putting my feet on the ground, and felt the floor kind of rumble and shake. My larger dog made a weird yipping sound and both of our dogs made a beeline for me.
It took a second for everything to register and to be honest, I really thought I was losing my mind; I asked myself is this an earthquake? Quickly I looked at my glass of water, (The Jurassic Park movie test, ha! don’t judge, at least I knew it wasn’t a T-Rex) and the water was definitely wobbly. Then I knew; I was definitely losing my mind. It stopped after about 45 seconds and armed with this newfound knowledge that I had gone crazy, I went back to my movie. The dogs were smarter, they stayed close and remained wary. Poor pups.
Dusted Sunny Lemon Bars
These lemon bars are my hands down favorite bar cookie. Their yummy sweet, tart and sunny yellow goodness scream summer to me. Though I eat them year round, many fun summer days growing up and playing at my grandparents involved my favorite treat. I simply love, Love, LOVE them!
This recipe is my favorite, and you will find it very easy as well! An insider tip…the corners are incredible!
Sunny Lemon Bars