There is just something about chocolate and Mondays. I eat it as a reward for all of the hard work I have coming at me in the week ahead. Nah….Who am I kidding? The truth is I eat it because it’s Monday. (I’ll eat it because its Tuesday tomorrow too.)
This recipe is perfect for anyone that needs a rich and fudgy treat. Plus it’s extremely easy and who doesn’t like a brownie?
Fudgy Cream Cheese Brownies
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 4 semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- 3 tbsps. butter
- 2 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- tsp. vanilla
Cream Cheese Batter
- 1 regular size package Philadelphia® cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbsps. butter
- tsp. vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
Topping (after bake)
- 4 Hershey® Milk Chocolate bars broken in pieces (optional for the recipe, but you can always stash them for a secret chocolate binge) ijs
- Preheat oven to 350°
For The Chocolate Batter
- Beat eggs until foamy then very slowly add sugar while continue beating at medium speed of electric mixer until thick and sunny yellow color, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add vanilla and chocolate mixture and mix well.
- Add flour slowly and mix well.
For The Cream Cheese Batter
- Beat cream cheese with butter, vanilla, sugar and egg until well blended.
- Layer approx. 1/2 of the chocolate batter in a greased and floured, or baking sprayed 8-inch square pan.
- Drop Cream Cheese Batter in large dollops and spread carefully over your chocolate batter (No need to perfection here, plan on it looking a little messy. (it tastes the same J)
- Then top with dollops of remaining chocolate batter.
- Now you have options; you may swirl with knife through your layers to marble or you can just lightly spread over cream cheese batter and not aim for perfection.
- Bake at (350ºF) for 30 to 35 minutes or until brownies pull away from the sides of your pan.
Last Step: Topping (and it can be optional if you like the marbled tops of your brownies)
- Sprinkle broken milk chocolate bars over the top of brownies after they come out of the oven. Wait 5 minutes and then spread.
- Cool on wire rack
- Now eat or hide ALL of them before anybody else gets home. :)