A super easy chocolate and toffee bar to make with a delicious crunch-chewy bite!
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups Hershey’s Heath® Milk Chocolate & Toffee Bits
- 1/2 cup Hershey’s Heath Bit’s ‘O Brickle**
- 4 regular size Hershey’s Milk Chocolate bars, broken into pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Butter a 9 x13-inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Using an electric mixer, beat until fluffy the butter and sugar.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Add in flour slowly one half at a time, blend until you can still see a bit of the flour in your dough.
- Stir in 1 ½ cup of Hershey’s Heath milk chocolate toffee bits by hand and spread dough evenly in your prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Sprinkle top with broken Hershey’s milk chocolate bars and wait 5 minutes (covering with foil will help them melt faster) then spread melted milk chocolate over the top of the crust.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of Hershey’s Heath Bit “O Brickle its over top of bars.
- Cool and cut into bars
** If you don’t want to buy bags of both types of the Hershey’s Heath Toffee Bits or if your grocer’s only carries one type, you can easily substitute 2 cups of either one for the entire recipe, separating them in the measurements above. I’ve pictured both of them below.